Wednesday 25 April 2012

Drycha Forest Spirit Army 2400

So yeah I know the special characters are frowned upon etc and some places don't allow them, but I was thinking about an all forest spirit army for just a bit of a laugh. Sadly at 355 points, Drycha can't be fielded with even a level 3 singer (as 215 for her, plus 20 for the glamourweave + 18 for the mount puts lords at 608... making 2500 points the smallest game you can pair her up with a spellweaver... and given that she's a level 2 athel loren herself, it didn't seem worth it to use a level 2 or 1. I hope future releases allow your level 1 and 2 casters to use something other than athel loren! 


(Savage beasts of horrors on Drycha, who is on one wound, gives you 10 strength 8 attacks... with rerolls! - serious synergy there with a beastweaver!)


So anyway, after deciding against a spellweaver and in fact for simplicity not including any lord or noble or even wild riders, I've got a REALLY unsubtle ALL tree army. Take a look and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.


Lords


Drycha


Heroes


Branchwraith 
-cluster of radians.


Core


10 Dryads 


10 Dryads 


10 Dryads 


10 Dryads 


10 Dryads 


Special


6 Treekin 390


6 Treekin 390


Rare 


Treeman


Treeman


2395 points. Sadly there isn't any upgrades or items (spites) to get those last few points.


With drycha and the branchwraith I've got 3 extra dispel dice... that should cover her only being a level 2.


With her reinforcements rule, I can make 10 dryads and 6 treekin appear in woods, possibly more (i think its a 4+ for them to appear, and I have lots of units so can try the next one if they fail) 


She also comes with unlimited moonstone - so her and the unit she's in can teleport from woods to woods.


As for having whole army with a 5+ ward save... it sounds tasty... but its completely ignored by a daemon army or other magical attacks.


As I've said its not subtle, and sacrifices magic for raw brute force... which if it doesn't work you're just not using enough!

2 comments:

  1. See this is the kinda army I'd like to run, although just for fun and not all the time, what with daemons being about.

    And yeah this is pretty much the exact same Army I came up with, not much room for variation unforunately.

    Have you thought about Running this list without Drycha? I mean she's not really worth her points and you don't need her for the whole spirit army.

    Then you could have a treeman ancient and a lvl 4 or two lord level wizards. I think having the lore of life and beasts in this list could be quite good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno if Drycha will pay off. She's so expensive.

    No redirectors in this list? :)

    ReplyDelete